The building construction of the school took place between 1883 and 1886. The elegant red brick building with its simple façade reflects the harmony of Italian Renaissance and matches its surroundings well.
During its 110 years of existence the building has always functioned as an educational institution. Previous specialisations of the school were commerce and textile industry and currently it is a secondary grammar school and a vocational school of tourism.
Renowned teachers worked on the grounds of the institution in the past, namely, the writer-literary historian Zsolt Beöthy, the writer-ethnographer Dezső Malonyai, the mathematician Ignác Rados, the philosopher Bernát Alexander, the botanist Vince Barabás and last but not least the historian Dávid Angyal.